Why are the arts important??
- They nurture creativity.
- The arts build confidence.
- They help students to see problems as learning opportunities and to persevere through challenges.
- The arts show students that focus helps them to achieve goals.
- The arts help students find a new way to communicate.
- They teach students to collaborate with others and to understand that their choices affect others.
- They reach students in ways and methods not normally used.
- The arts change the learning environment to one of discovery.
- They help students become more self-directed learners.
- The arts builds self esteem.
- They build hand- eye coordination.
- The arts develop focus and increase attention.
Learning to Think Like an Artist:
- Look at things more closely than others might
- make connections between different things and ideas
- go beyond ordinary ways of thinking and doing things
- look at things in different ways in order to generate new perspectives
- take risks (in your artwork of course!)
- arrange things in new ways
- persist when others may give up
- dream about things
- use old ideas to create new ideas
- do something because it's interesting or challenging to you
- concentrate your effort and attention on something for a long period of time
Materials for Art 2019-2020
Welcome back! Any donations of hand soap, tissues, folders, sandwich or quart- sized zipper bags, or disinfectant wipes would be greatly appreciated. As you can imagine, we run through these items fairly quickly throughout the year. Thanks so much!